Middle States Accreditation
We are proud to announce that St. John’s Academy is an accredited school with Middle States, having successfully completed our MidReview with Commendation from the Review Committee.
What does it mean to be an accredited school with Middle States?
SJA went through a rigorous process to meet the following standards for accreditation:
- Adheres to the Middle States Standards for Accreditation;
- Uses its mission, beliefs, and goals as the basis for daily decision-making;
- Operates in the public interest and in accordance with ethical practice;
- Accepts responsibility for the level of performance of its students;
- Remains committed to continuous improvement in student learning and to its capacity to produce the levels of learning desired and expected by its community;
- Operates in a collegial and collaborative way with all of its stakeholders;
- Sustains its focus on implementing recommendations, addressing monitoring issues and correcting stipulations that may be part of its notification of accreditation and fulfills its maintenance requirements to the Commissions
When it comes to evaluating schools and school systems, the Middle States Association looks at the whole school — not just test scores. Middle States Accreditation realizes that improving outcomes requires a comprehensive approach. Our school is commended and has received acceptance after the MidReview Report analyzed our current success (as of January 2018) in:
- Governance and Leadership
- School Improvement Planning
- School Organization and Staff
- Health and Safety
- Educational Program
- Assessment and Evidence of Student Learning
- Student Services
- Student Life and Activities
- Information Resources
National Blue Ribbon Award
The National Blue Ribbon Award is the highest recognition bestowed on the U.S. Department of Education. This is a coveted award across the nation and SJA takes great pride of having this distinguished honor.
By being awarded the National Blue Ribbon Award, SJA has demonstrated overall academic excellence in our school. As a Blue Ribbon school we are showing proof that we are preparing every student for college and meaningful careers. The award does not expire and schools are identified by the year they become a Blue Ribbon School. SJA became part of the select group of National Blue Ribbon Schools in 2011.