What is National Catholic Schools Week?
National Catholic Schools Week is the annual celebration of Catholic education in the United States. It starts the last Sunday in January and runs all week, which in 2021 is January 31 – February 6.
The theme for the National Catholic Schools Week is “Catholic Schools: Faith. Excellence. Service.” SJA will observe the annual celebration week with Masses, open houses and other activities for students, families, parishioners and community members. Through these events, schools focus on the value Catholic education through the teachings of Jesus Christ provide to young people and its contributions to our church, our communities and our nation. For a complete list of our scheduled activities, click here.
Good News for the Nation: Catholic Schools Are Thriving.
Catholic schools offer academic excellence and faith-filled education for students nationwide. National test scores, high school graduation rates, college attendance and other data show that Catholic schools frequently outperform schools in both the public and private sectors. While some Catholic schools are challenged by declining enrollments and school closures, the good news is that there is a strong demand and enthusiasm for Catholic schools. Thirty-two percent of Catholic schools have waiting lists for admission and new schools are opening across the country.
Listed below are some national facts and figures about the ongoing excellence and promise of growth represented in our country’s Catholic schools.
We look forward to celebrating this special week with our parishes, alumni, families and friends!
Schedule for Catholic Schools Week 2021
Saint John’s Academy is excited to announce our schedule for this exciting, reflective and fun-filled week to celebrate our identity as a Catholic school:
- Join us for Mass! Come to Saint John’s in your uniform (and mask!) at 12 noon
- PTG Video Distribution to Parishes celebrating Catholic Education
- Gift presented from Principal Socha to Monsignor Peter at 12 noon Mass
- Student Council collection for gift basket for health workers at HMUC
- PTG delivers “Thank you” Pizza to the Hillsdale Police
- Students wear sports uniform/jerseys of favorite teams and bring in a canned good for the local food pantry
- Blessing of our Students from Msgr. Peter of SJB 9-10 am
- Distribution of PTG sponsored CSW Gift Bags to Students
- Virtual Open House 9:00 – 10:00am for Prospective New Families
(e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
- Spelling Bee grades 3-5, virtual school assembly 12:45pm
- SGHS led Virtual Family Bingo Night (PreK-5) 6 pm
- SGHS Virtual “Watch Party” Movie Night (grades 6-8) 7 pm
- Student Council School Wide Flag Salute and Patriotic Song Presentation
- Geography Bee (Brian Curtin), grades 5-8, virtual school assembly 12:30pm
- Letters/Pictures to our Veterans in collaboration with Homes for Veterans (k-4)
- Virtual Open House 9:00 – 10:00 for Current Families
- PTG led Adopt a Parish program
- Basket Presentation to our Pastor Daily Mass at SJB
- School Liturgy- stream 8AM SJB Mass to classrooms – shout out to SJA
- PTG led Adopt an SJA Faculty/Staff Member Begins!
- Breakfast for Faculty and Staff
- NUT DAY to benefit Several Sources Shelters- CRAZY HAIR and SOCK THEME